The pod was used by Kara Zor-El to escape the dying planet of Krypton, it's coordinates being interlocked with Kal-El's pod. The pod was later knocked off course into the Phantom Zone, due to a shock wave caused by Krypton's destruction. After being stuck there for twenty four years, the pod got out of the Phantom Zone, dragging Fort Rozz with it. It crash landed on Earth, where it was discovered by Superman. It was later taken by the D.E.O., who stored it in their base.
After Kara saved the Earth by launching Fort Rozz into space. Alex piloted the pod into space to save her.
- "The Adventures of Supergirl" (mentioned)
- Kara Zor-El's Kryptonian rocket was first featured in Action Comics #252 (May, 1959) and was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino.
- The pod's design is referenced in Supergirl: Rebirth #1, which incorporated many elements from the TV series into the DC Comics' world. Inside a pod created based on "kryptonian files", a powerless Kara is sent right towards the Sun as a desperate attempt of the D.E.O. to fully restore her powers, which ultimately works.
- ↑ Adler, Ali, Berlanti, Greg (writers) & Winter, Glen (director) (October 26, 2015). "Pilot". Supergirl. Season 1. Episode 1. CBS.
- ↑ Kreisberg, Andrew, Adler, Ali, Rovner, Robert, Queller, Jessica (writers) & Teng, Larry (director) (April 18, 2016). "Better Angels". Supergirl. Season 1. Episode 20. CBS.